Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sweet 16!







I am in love with making cakes. I look forward to making my children's birthday cakes every year and when the kids ask if they can help it's really the only time when I tell them to "back off." They pick out whatever theme they wish and I put it all together for them. They are always thrilled with the results.

Well, I knew my niece's 16th birthday was coming up and I was hoping I'd get the chance to make her something special. I have wanted to try my hand at fondant for a while now and have a friend who has made it so I called her up and got the recipe, watched a little video or two on YouTube about it and got ideas and off I went. Here are the results of my niece's sweetest birthday cake yet!

Heather, you looked so adorable!

Also, I did make the flowers and everything else on it with fondant.


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! You are amazing! Great job Lisa. I love the look of the fondant. It turned out perfect.

Tonya said...

I love the new background Lisa! The cake is beautiful. You are one talented chica:0)

Anonymous said...

Totally impressed with that cake dear! Thats talent :)

Your blog is looking..wild and crazy :). Love it!

Chelle said...

That looks great, a hidden talent I didn't know about. I love the different colors in it.

Merilee said...

Do you have any of the left overs? Can I come over? Yumm!

Bridget said...

Wow it looks beautiful and delicious!

Heidi said...

Next step is a wedding cake! You're going to be Steph's new competition. You have so many fun talents. Well done!

Joann said...

I love making my kids birthday cakes too. I am not that great at it but I love doing it. Last year for Jimmy's birthday I made a firetruck to go along with the "Cars" theme. I was proud of it. I heard fondant cakes are hard to do, was it?

Elizabeth Dimit said...

YUMMY! That cake looks DELICIOUS! I'm just happy if my cake comes out the right color. :-)

Monica said...

You are always so talented! Everything you try turns out beautifully! I am in constant amazement by you!