Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Vacation!






If you've been wondering why the heck I haven't posted anything new it's because I was on vacation!


I went to Florida with my sister and Ryan for the week. I left last Sunday and returned Monday morning. We took the red eye flight on the way there. Ryan slept the whole way! I tried to but every time he kicked me (he was laying in the seat between us) I opened my eyes to make sure he wasn't going to fall off the seat, which was about every 15 minutes, or so it seemed. We arrived Florida time 6am and headed straight to the Waffle House. My sister had never tried their food. They have fab waffles and hashbrowns by the way. Then drove to my dad's condo and tried to sleep a couple hours before getting groceries at Wal Mart. That would be the first of many trips there during the week.


The real reason we went to Florida is to visit our grandma! We enjoyed her company so much. It was a low key trip and very enjoyable! We took her to get a hair cut and a manicure. We went out to lunch at Shells and spent a lot of time at her home just chatting and listening to stories of her childhood. What a wonderful grandma I have.


8 comments:

Bridget said...

What a fun trip!Welcome home. HOpe to see you at enrichment tonight.

Merilee said...

That is so awesome. I bet your Grandma loved having you guys there. You look like you got some sun. Nice!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I love the pictures! So glad you had a fun trip and are home again safely.

Lisa P said...

I got zero sun. A cold front came in so the highest it got was about 76 degrees. I might actually be whiter than before I left!

mahina said...

that is wonderful that you could go for a visit with your grandma! i'll bet she loved it!

Heidi said...

It's always nice to be on vacation! Sorry to hear you didn't get any sun. Doesn't seem right to be in Florida with no sun. At least it wasn't too cold. Hope you're survived the trasition from vacation to reality!

RNandKT said...

I'm so glad you got away! I love the pictures with your Grandma, you are so cute with her! I am feeling the spring itch. I want to go somewhere, anywhere, away from here.

Chelle said...

Your grandma does look pretty cool and how great to take a trip with your husband and sister, looks like a good time.