Saturday, February 2, 2008

Acrylic Painting



Every first Friday of the month my mother (in-law) watches my two littlest children in the morning so I can have some free time. Well, she watches my sis-in-law's boy too. Monica (sis) and I have wanted to try out her art set I bought her for Christmas like two years ago!
We headed out yesterday around 8:30am straight for Michaels to pick up some canvases. They didn't open till 9 so I had time to return something to Target. Then to Michaels, we grabbed some brushes and very blank canvases and took a moment to glance in some art books for "inspiration." We got back to Moni's house and set up shop in her front room. I googled a few things to really cement what the heck I was going to do with that very white and empty canvas. We painted in silence for a while then I suggested maybe we should be listening to Mozart or something. We settled on 94.7 NRK.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are beautiful Lisa! I'm very impressed!

Bridget said...

Very cool. Way to tap that artist within.

mahina said...

i didn't know you had a blog! yipee! thanks for visiting my blog and commenting so i could find you!

is this your first time doing acrylics? they are beautiful! i wish i had more artistic in me! way to go!!

Merilee said...

Looks like you've got a little natural talent. Those are awesome!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Wow! I almost failed seventh-grade art, so I'm especially impressed by your artistic talent! That's amazing you just looked through a few art books.

Chelle said...

These really look beautiful, I would hang these in my house. What a great idea to do something different. And what a great mother-in-law.

Heidi said...

What a fun way to spend your free time! Those paintings are beautiful. How much are you selling them for :)?

Darilyn said...

You are so talented. I had no idea you enjoyed painting. See how useful blogs are?