Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Four Eyes!


About a month ago I realized Rhett's eyes were needing some attention. Things that I could see crystal clear, Rhett had to walk close to see. Never had he brought that to my attention. I guess he thought it was normal not to be able to see things far away. (Feeling like a bad mom moment)
Well, I got him an appointment a couple weeks ago and sure enough, he needed them pretty bad. It's for the stuff far away. I believe he's near-sighted?
His glasses came in yesterday and he was stoked to go pick them up after school. All the way home he was comparing signs with and without the glasses. What a difference! I asked him if he could read what was on a billboard (glasses on) and was able to read without difficulty. I said, take off your glasses and see if you can read it. He took them off and couldn't even see ANYTHING! Seriously, the letters didn't even exist once his glasses were off. Vanished! Oh, the miracle of spectacles and even eyes themselves!
I'm so thankful for my good vision and hope it stays with me for a long time! : )

I'll snap a picture of him so you can see how adorable he looks!

3 comments:

Merilee said...

I saw him at the Pinewood the other night. He looked so good in his glasses! I have very bad eyes and I'm thankful everyday for the person who invented specs.

Heidi said...

I remember the day I got my first pair of glasses. I could not believe you could actually see the color of the fall leaves on the mountains I lived by. Everything became so much more vibrant. He'll love the difference it makes.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see what he looks like! My little Em has been getting headaches after reading, so we are making an appt. for her eyes soon. She is really hoping she needs glasses, because she thinks they are so cool!

Glad that Rhett can see clearly now :)