Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A dusting of snow


So, Ashten went to bed last night with a sore throat and still this morning he was in pain so obviously he isn't going to school today. Well, Rhett got wind of that and said, and I quote (with attitude), "If Ashten's not going to school then I'm not either, so DEAL!"
Flames shot from my eyes and I was hoping they would burn some sense into him. It didn't work so the next best thing, sitting on the toilet for a time out. He was ushered in there quicker than lightning, by me. When his time was up he refused to come out because he said he's not going to school. I told him I was starting the car and suggested that maybe he should brush his teeth, for other peoples sake, ya know? That's when I noticed it had lightly snowed. Well, when it lightly snows around here things shut down real quick like. I went online and saw Beaverton was 2 hours late. He'd been in the bathroom for roughly 40 minutes up to that point (his choice). He did not know about the delay so I let him sit in there and enjoy the quiet time.
I tell you, the things that come out of a childs mouth sometimes. Makes you wanna karate chop them! I opted to give him some reflection time with the toilet bowl.
Good morning to you too... :)

1 comment:

RNandKT said...

I figured out how to post a comment, hurray for Katie. Rhett is so funny, I never get the see the attitude just silent stubborness, but of course he wears his halo around me.