Thursday, January 24, 2008

Inspiration needed...


This is my bed. It's my favorite piece I own, so far. This picture does not do it justice! And Jason was still in bed so I had little to work with here.



I look to all of you ladies to inspire me on what to write about. That said, since I can't list my friends on my page (there's something wrong with it) I always start on Merilee's page since I know her URL and she has all the links to all of my gorgeous and inspiring friends.


Well, I found out I LOVE Anthropologie(thanks Merilee)! Can I just tell you, if I had time to devote to decorating and money to buy something (more than a gumball) I would go there for inspiration. I'm always on the lookout for things that inspire me. My favorite color is kelly green but I'm in love with things worn and look like they've been around for ages. Something that tells a story. You can just imagine how it was used and maybe passed around the family. I love the odd! Common objects realized into something more! Finding a new use, even for decorative purposes. What inspires you?




5 comments:

Bridget said...

Very cool. YOu and Merilee should definitely go shopping together. It seems you guys have the same style. You need to subscribe to your friends blogs- like me- so you don't have to go to Merilee's to check.

Joann said...

I love looking at old houses and buildings. I like seeing a glimspe of the past through the styles in the home and I like to think about what life was like and what it looked like when it was first built.

Merilee said...

At the moment, I'm inspired by all things nat-ur-al then tweak it just a little, and of course the older the better.

brenda said...

YOU inspire me! I remember you complimenting me on a shirt and thinking, LISA is complimenting ME???? Woo-hoo!

I am inspired lately by clean and simple. You wouldn't know it to look at my house. If only I could afford a complete make-over!

(Cute blog!!) Bridget needs to walk us all through the subscription thing. I don't know how to do that.

Heidi said...

Steph let me know about your blog. Yeah! I have no decorating advice but I just needed to let you know I think about you often and wish I was better at picking up the phone and calling people! I just started blogging so maybe we can keep in touch better with that. I really am going to call soon but until then I want you to know that I love that you're my friend!